In order to best direct your inquiries about campaign finance, lobbying, or the code of ethics, please send an email to the appropriate address listed below, or call (608) 266-8123. Send faxes to (608) 264-9319. Mail should be sent to: Wisconsin Ethics Commission, PO Box 7125, Madison, WI 53707-7125.
The Wisconsin Ethics Commission office is located within the Wisconsin Department of Administration Building at 101 E. Wilson Street, Suite 127 in Madison.
The Ethics Commission office is open to the public Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM
The office is closed on the following state holidays:
- New Year's Day (January 1)*
- Martin Luther King Junior's Birthday (3rd Monday in January)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)*
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Eve Day (December 24)
- Christmas Day (December 25)*
- New Year's Eve Day (December 31)
* The day following if January 1, July 4, or December 25 falls on Sunday.
For media inquiries, please contact the Commission Administrator using the contact information listed above, or use the general agency contact information:
email@example.com or (608) 266-8123.
Public Records Requests
Please see the Wisconsin Ethics Commission's
public records notice for information about public records requests.
The Ethics Commission has jurisdiction over complaints of
Ch. 13 Subch. III., &
Ch. 19 Subch. III of the Wisconsin Statutes. If you believe that a violation of the laws that the Ethics Commission administers has occurred, you may file a sworn (notarized) complaint. If the alleged violation involves a local jurisdiction, the complaint should be filed with either the local filing officer or the District Attorney. For more information on the complaint process visit our
Any person who is or may become subject to the laws the Ethics Commission administers may make a request for advice of the Commission. For more information, visit our
Requests For Advice page.